Processor is running @ max when I'm on SMF, but nowhere else on the web

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 27, 2008
New one for me...

Running IE8 (hate IE9...been there, done that...not an option), and my processor meter runs at max for 5-10 minutes after opening a new page. Browser functionality is slow and often-times very erratic, and commands won't complete without errors when this is happening. The browser acts like it's constantly trying to load new data, and clicking the red X button to stop loading does absalutely nothing. Posting is challenging sometimes, at best.

I can go on numerous other sites that I visit regularly and don't see this problem, as long as I don't have a browser tab (or several) with SMF open.

Anyone else seeing this?

Eric

huhhhh... what... what him say ?

LOL.. I have had mine pop up a few times to tell me I was at high usage and I've only had this website open with nothing else running...

Yeah same thing here Eric, It's unbearably slow trying to be on here using IE, So I switch to firefox which works much faste/.smoother 

I'M BACK!!! Just uploaded firefox, did the upgrade to 8.0.1 and imported my bookmarks from IE8...took about 5 or 6 minutes, including re-learning the bookmarks and toolbar layout of firefox, 'cuz I haven't used it for a few years.

But...dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like a whole new computer now!!! Pages open far enough to start viewing in about 1/2 a second, where IE8 takes 30-60 seconds and I couldn't do much of anything while I waited for them to load, either. I'm sold!!!! I forgot how good it could be! Saying good-bye to IE8 right now...

Thanks a ton fellas!!!!!!

Eric

I'M BACK!!! Just uploaded firefox, did the upgrade to 8.0.1 and imported my bookmarks from IE8...took about 5 or 6 minutes, including re-learning the bookmarks and toolbar layout of firefox, 'cuz I haven't used it for a few years.

But...dang!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's like a whole new computer now!!! Pages open far enough to start viewing in about 1/2 a second, where IE8 takes 30-60 seconds and I couldn't do much of anything while I waited for them to load, either. I'm sold!!!! I forgot how good it could be! Saying good-bye to IE8 right now...

Thanks a ton fellas!!!!!!

Eric
I did that a few years back, Eric.  I also changed my e-mail from msn to gmail.  My msn inbox was constantly full of junk and spam.  Very little of that on gmail.  Glad you found the fix.

Used to have the same issues - got off the company PC and moved to Chrome - Yahoo! 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky