Probe Wire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoking works

Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Smok'n Buddies:

I am wanting to seal the leaks around the door of my Wrangler smoker, but I just thought of something: having the wires from my Maverick ET-733 running thru the door; wouldn't that defeat the purpose of trying to seal the door? Since the wires themselves will create a gap where the door closes on the wires.

Your thoughts?

Tommy

It all depends on the type of seal you use.  If you were to use a seal like on an oven door it would be flexible enough that you wouldn't lose much (if any at all).  I was running my 733 probe wires through the MES40 door and didn't have an issue.  Then I read a post about people running the wires through the vent (DUH, why didn't I think of that).  So now, that's what I do.

Earthquake:

Thanks so much for the reply. Probe wire thru the smoke stack sounds like a great solution. Many thanks for the response.

Tommy

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky