Prime rib with q-view

Discussion in 'Beef' started by gt2003, Jun 28, 2008.

1. gt2003

gt2003 Meat Mopper

Got a few friends coming over. I bought this prime rib for about $5.60/lb on sale a few weeks ago and have been wanting to smoke it since.

Well, here is goes. 12.5 pound prime rib rubbed with Lawry's coarse ground garlic salt with parsley then sprinkled with coarse ground black pepper. Will smoke with hickory to an internal of right around 132 then pull and let sit for a while. I might pull at 130 depending on smoker temps. Here are a couple of starter pics. More q-view to follow.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

nice score..............i LOVE smoked prime rib.........is that with the rack or without?

3. gt2003

gt2003 Meat Mopper

Boneless!!!

4. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks good looking forward to more Qview

5. fireguy

fireguy Smoking Fanatic

Sounds good... cant wait to see the end results!!

6. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

great price on the rib roast, i will be watching this close to see how it turns out, i want to do one for xmas or new years. keep the pix coming !!!

7. Looking forward to final product q-vue. I want to try a piece of beef this Thursday. Interested in seeing yours.

8. gt2003

gt2003 Meat Mopper

Here are some finished pics of the PR. I pulled it at 131 and it only climbed a few degrees. Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think. Thanks, Greg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sumosmoke

sumosmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow, WOW!!!! That turned out great, my friend!! Nice job!! [​IMG]

10. Man that looks good! Nice job!

Bill

11. Wow @ Smoked Prime Rib. Looks very moist and tender. Something I will have to try when I get a new smoker. Thanks for the photos I bet that dinner was fantastic. =)

-gerrit

12. waysideranch

waysideranch Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG] HEY GT YOU GOT SOME NICE MEAT THERE. GREAT JOB.

13. seaham358

seaham358 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks great.... I love smoked PR.. If you want a real treat smoke some Filet mignion.(sp)

14. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice lookin plate of food there. Looks like Paula Dean is comming to dinner, at least to eat that spud![​IMG]

15. walking dude

yeah seaham.......i have done several beef tenderloins........even tho i know they don't need low and slow.........by gum.......some of the best beef ever..........

16. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I hafta agree,but I can rarely afford them, sure wish I had more of them to smoke![​IMG]

17. walking dude

yeah i know that feeling Dan........this was back in the day, when beef tenderloin didn't cost as much as a oz of gold...........LOL

18. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Wow that looks fantastic if I have one come out like that I'd be thrilled!!

19. ncdodave

ncdodave Smoking Fanatic

drool drool drool[​IMG]

20. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

This plate says it all.
    [​IMG]
    Nice![​IMG]