Prime rib with q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gt2003

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
Got a few friends coming over. I bought this prime rib for about $5.60/lb on sale a few weeks ago and have been wanting to smoke it since.

Well, here is goes. 12.5 pound prime rib rubbed with Lawry's coarse ground garlic salt with parsley then sprinkled with coarse ground black pepper. Will smoke with hickory to an internal of right around 132 then pull and let sit for a while. I might pull at 130 depending on smoker temps. Here are a couple of starter pics. More q-view to follow.....
7d8a5d58_vbattach18978.jpg

83304bd7_vbattach18977.jpg

Looks good looking forward to more Qview

great price on the rib roast, i will be watching this close to see how it turns out, i want to do one for xmas or new years. keep the pix coming !!!

Here are some finished pics of the PR. I pulled it at 131 and it only climbed a few degrees. Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think. Thanks, Greg
469531c6_vbattach18990.jpg

5c193d85_vbattach18991.jpg

7944db6a_vbattach18992.jpg

91e31562_vbattach18993.jpg

Wow @ Smoked Prime Rib. Looks very moist and tender. Something I will have to try when I get a new smoker. Thanks for the photos I bet that dinner was fantastic. =)

-gerrit

Nice lookin plate of food there. Looks like Paula Dean is comming to dinner, at least to eat that spud!
eek.gif

yeah seaham.......i have done several beef tenderloins........even tho i know they don't need low and slow.........by gum.......some of the best beef ever..........

I hafta agree,but I can rarely afford them, sure wish I had more of them to smoke!
icon_smile.gif

yeah i know that feeling Dan........this was back in the day, when beef tenderloin didn't cost as much as a oz of gold...........LOL

Wow that looks fantastic if I have one come out like that I'd be thrilled!!

This plate says it all.
attachment.php

Nice!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky