Prime Rib & Twice Baked Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cowgirl

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 2, 2007
Oklahoma
I smoked a boneless prime rib for some company the other day...

Went the simple route, rubbed the roast with olive oil, then seasoned with kosher salt and cracked black pepper and a bit of garlic.

Used some hickory...

Put my twiced baked potatoes into the smoker for the last 45 minutes...

I pulled the meat out at an internal temperature of 137, wrapped and let it rest for 25 minutes....

I like my prime rib pink. :)

The prime rib, au jus sauce, twice baked potato, salad and some peaches...

It was kinda tasty and my company didn't complain.
biggrin.gif

Thank you for checking out my Qview! :)

I think your just a front. You have a whole cooking complex of little people working for you with a prep department...... kitchen staff..... photo studio. I'm guessin you have an enormous payroll. Looks like a bunch of ants cookin stuff all the time. Geeeeeeeze!

Shweeeeet!
babysmall.gif

lol Actually I try to smoke once a week, If I can.
My last smoke was my little heart potato...about a week ago.
biggrin.gif

Thank you Ganny, Gene, Keith, Dave, Deerman and Dawn!

Dave...that would be Shweeeeet! lol I'd love to have help at times.
biggrin.gif

Deerman, I smoked at about 315 degrees and went for an internal temperature of 135. I overshot it by 2 degrees and pulled it out of the smoker at 137. I wrapped it in foil and let it sit for 25 minutes.

I like my prime rib pink in the middle. :)

awesome lookin plate Jeanie. Still won't let me give points.
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Looks good. My last one was bison from the Oklahoma Food Coop. I pulled it at 150 and put it in a cooler with towels to wait for company. It worked out well! Love the post! Great q-view! I just wonder how does the twice baked potato work? Again thanks for a great post!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Darn won't let me give you more points!

how did u make the au jue? (sp). i figured that to do that u needed to cook it in a pan. throw a little insight my way cowgirl.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky