Prime Rib Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
Irving, TX
Last weekend, we had a few friends out to the in-laws place for a little cook... One of those friends bought a ribeye roast that we cooked up for dinner. Had a bit left over and I had a hanker'n for some soup! This is how it went...

Diced the left over ribeye roast into about 1/2" cubes
Diced potatoes the same
Diced onion
Diced carrots
Can of crushed tomatoes
Frozen whole kernel corn
3 bay leaves
Garlic
A touch of cumin
Salt
Pepper
Beef Broth to cover by an inch or two and simmer until the tater and carrots are done...
Also added some Sucklebusters Texas GunPowder for a little extra punch...

Turned out great!

Here is a link to some of the pics of the party for those interested.
http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/g...albumview=grid

Very nice, looks and sounds great. Thanks for posting the idea(recipe), I tend to smoke quite a bit of prime rib !!!

That soup looks and sounds great!
I love using some good smoke for leftovers.
Eventually I would love to see a new section of the site opened up to leftover posts but that will be in the future once every bug has been worked out and if the people want.
Excellent job and thanks for some great delicious looking pics!

Great looking soup. My Italian wife makes up large pots of soup from leftovers such as that and freezes in smaller containers. Sometimes simple is better!

That's a great looking bowl of soup, and a nice choice of components too. It's all good my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Good grief, that's some good looking soup!~ Thanks for sharing
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky