Price on Back Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

grogger27

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Three Hills, Alberta
I was pricing out back ribs today and the best I could get was the local pork meat plant. They kill 500-650 pigs a day and usually have great prices for pork ( but you have to buy in bulk). Today I ordered up a box of back ribs (net box weight is 6kgs or 13.2lbs) for $8.50/kg (I'm in Canada) which works out to $3.85/lb. That's 6 full sets of back ribs per box. I was curious what the price of back ribs are in other parts of the SMF globe.

Thanks,

Grogger

I paid $3.47/lb($7.63kilo) at Sam's Club last week. 3 weeks ago I paid $2.99/ lb for "All Natural" baby backs at the local Hannafords. This week they're $8.49/lb or $16.98/kilo. They had one rack priced at $25+, I paid $23 and change for a package of 3 at Sam's. 

This time of the year, I can often find them on sale between 99¢ and .$2.99 lb. That's at local market chains. It can really vary in price and availability by location

Last edited:
1.59 a pound for untrimmed st louis style at winco here in bakersfield CA...

edit: duh...i didnt read what kind of ribs you were referencing...please disregard my statement...

Last edited:
fresh,  BB ribs are $2.99 - $3.29 in Chicagoland - these prices are for unenhanced, or fresh ribs.   "enhanced" ribs can be found for less, but I wont use them.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky