Price of Groceries (meat)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dwayne

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 2, 2008
Kansas City
With gas going up seems Groceries are sky rocketing also will this affect the smokin for you all Ill probably do more chicken and butts for a bit ribs and brisket are gettin pretty pricey hope they iron this stuff out soon...

I usually watch for the sales and stock up when I find them. Although prices are going up the sales seem to still be cheap.

I only buy sales items or what Sam's has. Frugal is my name.
icon_smile.gif

What is good price on baby back ribs? Saw a one day only sale at $2.99, not sure if that is killer deal or not.

Not a killer deal, usual price. A killer deal would be less than 2.50 or less here. With the summer coming, I doub't you'll see that with the gas prices the way they are. Check Sam's club, they were at about 2.66 last time I checked.

I found brisket here in Texas for 67 cents a pound
eek.gif
. I bought about 30 pounds worth. The Cuts seem pretty good too! Just enough fat to keep it moist and tender. If I had a deep freeze I would have loaded up.

What a steal, great job.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky