Price of Groceries (meat)

Discussion in 'Beef' started by dwayne, Jun 6, 2008.

1. dwayne

dwayne Fire Starter

With gas going up seems Groceries are sky rocketing also will this affect the smokin for you all Ill probably do more chicken and butts for a bit ribs and brisket are gettin pretty pricey hope they iron this stuff out soon...

2. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I usually watch for the sales and stock up when I find them. Although prices are going up the sales seem to still be cheap.

3. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I only buy sales items or what Sam's has. Frugal is my name. [​IMG]

4. john dice

john dice Smoke Blower

What is good price on baby back ribs? Saw a one day only sale at $2.99, not sure if that is killer deal or not.

5. ronp

Not a killer deal, usual price. A killer deal would be less than 2.50 or less here. With the summer coming, I doub't you'll see that with the gas prices the way they are. Check Sam's club, they were at about 2.66 last time I checked.

6. stakeman

stakeman Fire Starter

I found brisket here in Texas for 67 cents a pound[​IMG]. I bought about 30 pounds worth. The Cuts seem pretty good too! Just enough fat to keep it moist and tender. If I had a deep freeze I would have loaded up.

7. ronp

What a steal, great job.[​IMG]