Price of Baby Backs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lowcountrygamecock

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
I've never bought much meat other than hamburger and chicken. What's a good price for baby backs? Best I have seen so far is $3.99 a pound. Is that a decent price? Another thing too, how many pounds are in a typical rack of ribs?

Thanks

Best deal I got was @ Kroger last month. $1.99 a pound. Average weight is 3 pounds. BB's are expensive! BUTTS are the best deal on the Planet!!

beard

I agree, I got the same deal.

My local butchers want $4.99/lb - needless to say, they can shove it! $3.99 is probably average. They're EXPENSIVE but done right, they're worth it. Ron and others always either know where/when to look or always get lucky and find good deals. No such luck for me though
PDT_Armataz_01_07.gif

Tom

I also jump on them at $buck 99# at frys-butts 99# now-will pick up a few.

I bought my first 3 racks of bb's at Sams for around $3.49/lb as others have mentioned. We have never had bb's before (always spare ribs) and after the meaty-ness on those bones, we won't be going back anytime soon to the spares.

Best I've seen is 2.89/lb at Sams by the case or 3.99 at Food Giant.

If I find baby backs for $1.99, I'm going to load up. Best I can find here is Sam's Club at $3.47.

They're usually about $2.99 here sometimes as much as $3.49 but I find em at $1.99 on occasion. A nice big freezer helps on the side!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky