Pressure Washer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ecto1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2010
Spring, Tx
I have a little rust on the outside of my uds do you think a pressure washer would get that off?  After the was I could sand then repain I think?

Myself, I would use a rough texture brilo/skuff pad by hand to knock the really heavy stuff off. Then paint it with the heavy rust rustoleum primer

http://www.homedepot.com/Paint-Spra...splay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

This is what I have used on all parts of my trailer where the steel is rusty.

This paint is susposed to have something in it to drive the moisture out of the steel so that it can bond well.

The down side is the fact that it does not preform well on bare shinny steel.

I just use a wire cup wheel on my drill and repaint

Either keep it dry and hit it with a wire wheel (make sure you wear a good face mask). Or for a more labor intensive method some wet sand paper (its a dark gray finer grit, made specially for wet sanding metal), just make sure to rinse it off and dry it real fast and real well when done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky