presmoked picnic shoulder

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

00nothing

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
my local grocery has presmoked picnic shoulder on for 99cents a pound this week which is ideal as a i have a large family gathering on saturday but my question is can i jsut put thi back into the smoker and give it a low and slow to eventually end up with pulled pork or because it is precooked is that a bad idea ?

Also I need to precook there will be no time day of can i cook to finish on friday and then refrigerate and reheat for saturday keeping it in a sauce for moisture ?

first off you can re-heat a picnic in a smoker but as far as cooking it further for pulling I cann't answer that one, I have never done that but I'm sure someone here has. As far as per cooking meat for a gathering you can but alot of stuff you should cook it all the way and just re-heat it. Pulled pork you can cook it and pull it then just re-heat it in a crock pot with some finishing sauce. Whole chickens you can (I do) smoke them fully and I re-heat them in a steamer pot and it comes out great hot and very juicy. So give alittle more info and we will be glad to help you.

Well i went and grabbed one they are labelled as cook and serve so i am guessing they are a light smoke meant to impart a ham taste to them and they have a nice big thick fat cap on them, so i grabbed a small one and into the oven
PDT_Armataz_01_10.gif
it has gone figure it will give me at least a good idea as to how the meat will taste and be if i decide to smoke these babies going to do a vinegar and ketchup finishing sauce to keep it nice and moist and at the worst me and the kids can eat mr noodles for dinner tonight

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky