Preparing for weekend smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ashman

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 25, 2009
Montgomery, AL
Getting ready for my first big smoke, 7 butts. Doing this for a church gathering, so my small smoker was not enough.

So, borrowed this big puppy from my dad. Actually, it is one he keeps stored for his church...so I am "storing" it for him for the weekend. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Got all the meat rubbed and ready in the fridge. Going to start things up tomorrow afternoon.:yahoo:

Last edited:
I snarfed my coffee when I read 7 butts and saw the pit........ I guess you'll just have to have a membership drive so you can justify ya Pop's smoker.

Good luck, and remember any day you can smoke is a beautiful day!

Nice!!!!

Wish I knew someone that needed to "store" a smoker like that!!!!

I'm gonna be smokin some butts this weekend myself.  Can't wait to see yours done and pulled.

Bill

Yeah, this sucker is way overkill for my 7 butts, but I might pick up 2 more and cook them to freeze for use later. I am going to be very spoiled after using this, I really want to upgrade from my Char Griller. I will be sure to post more pics from the smoking and the final product.

Lookin' good so far, Ashman!  That's a mighty pretty trailer rig your dad has...wouldn't mind "storing" one of those at my house!

Red

Last edited:
Butt's all turned out real good.  Cooked a little faster than I wanted, all done in about 12 hours.  The big smoker was nice, love to have one about 1/4 the size for myself...but as long as dad let's me store this for him...I guess I will just have to use it.
439.gif

Chopped 3 big trays of wonderful pork meat, and had 2 butts left to freeze whole for another day.  Gonna be some good eating tonight!!

Great looking smoke.. and great looking smoker! Im with everyone... I can open up a storage facility in my backyard as well :)

I have smoked a little meat before, but learn something new every time. I live in central Alabama. I will have to update my profile

That is a lot of pork, a lot of good looking meat and a lot of great eating. Well done!

Disco

Meat was a hit, lots of compliments.  Had way to much though.  Several families did not come, and the kids did not eat that much.  It freezes well though, so will be having pork later for sure.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky