Premium Vertical Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoken yankee

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Glengelg, Maryland
I was woundering if any of you out there have one like this, it's a Vertical Smoker from Cabela's the 48" model propane, two door system where you don't lose any smoke when you open the lower door(where the water pan and wood box are). I just got it for an early B-day gift from my wife, and what do you think about it.
confused.gif

Haven't seen that one,looked at the stainless steel cabelas. sounds like a great b-day gift. Post some pics of the new smoker!!

Jason

One of my cousins has that smoker and loves it.....Congrats on the gift!
Fire it up!!

What do you think of the construction and the ease of the second door with the wood chip and water boxes?

I am looking for a new smoker but I noticed it did not get many great reviews on the Cabela website

Well it's sturdy construction. If you had a single door and had to open that door and put another handful of wood in, you would lose your heat and smoke(temp would drop). You do have to put it together and it does come with hanging hooks for jerky and dowls for sausage and six adjustable shelves, I had an old smoker with one small door(6"x2") just for water and wood(elec. smoker) but I'll test it out this weekend maybe with a rack or two, I don't at this time and will take pictures of it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky