Pre-heating and sustaining burn PLEASE HELP!!!! I have a BBQ tomorrow and I want to empress.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

niy-45

Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Hello all im new to the smoking world...been smoking for about a month now.  I need help...What are the best steps for pre-heating my smooker and How do I keep a steady burn?  SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!

I looked back through your posts you have made here on SMF but can not find what type of smoker you use? Letting us know will help, even better for you to hear replies from those who use the same smoker as you.

Last edited:
So this was posted a week ago and he didn't stick around long enough to read the 1st reply, couldn't have been that concerned, I guess. Hope it went well
th_dunno-1%5B1%5D.gif

Sorry guys...I got really busy at work and have had very little time to get on here... And I am reposting this message.  But if you still check this I have a American Gourmet 600 seriees by Char-broil.  Its cast iron and is 435 square inces.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky