Pre-Christmas Practice Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dgross

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
The boonies of NC
Here's the picture I promised!

We decided it isn't safe to experiment on relatives, so we smoked a practice turkey two weeks before. Used an ECB with modifications (extra vent holes, digital thermometer to monitor smoker tremp, adjustable draft) and the results were exceptional!
13 lbs. brined with Jeff's brine recipe, smoked for 7 1/2 hours.

Here are the results :D !!

That's one good lookin bird Daun. I personally LIKE to experiment on the family, but to each their own. I've got a bit of a mischievous streak though.

Thanks for the pics

Keep Smokin

Would have loved to experiment but since everyone was coming in from all over ( and g'ma is 88 yrs old ) we thought it best to play it safe :) . Hope to post more pics soon as we are able to smoke some more :D . Enjoy your smoke 8) !! Daun

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky