praying to the BBQ gods

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

13spicerub

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
NYC
i'm 7 hours in on my pork shoulder. I'm at 142 degrees slowly climbing. 3 hours til kick off. Im praying i can get it to temp, rest, and pulled by gametime.

wish me luck

GO GIANTS!!!!

13spicerub
I wish you luck, are you shooting for half time?

I have smoked quite a few butts for pulled porks and can not plan them for a certain time, each and everyone of them have been different. I have brought them to 205º in 8 to 10 hours and as long as 27 hours !!! That is why I have around 15 pounds of pulled pork food savered and frozen.

Ben, I doubt it will make it by kick-off, be patient halftime is probably a reacheable goal. Thats why alot of us do this big time taking items the day before, and then re-heat! drink a few cold ones and just relax, make up a few snacks to hold people over for another hr or more!

I have to tell ya the point from 40- to 140 is relatively quick, usually 3-5 hrs, the time after 145 goes for ever, especially the 155-165 marks, then it goes pretty fast again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky