Prague Powder Solution

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gecko10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 8, 2020
For a wet cure, how much prague powder should be added to a gallon of water? I can easily find the ratio of powder to meat, ( 1t/5lb of meat) , but I need to know how much per gallon of water.

I use i oz. per gallon of water. About a heaping tablespoon. (A level tablespoon equals .88 oz., a heaping tablespoon is approximately 1 oz. Maximum allowed os 3.84 oz, per 1 gallon of water. I recently tested my latest curing brine of 1 oz,. of curing salt to 1 gallon of water plus ½ cup of Stevia artificial sweetener in a boneless pork loin. injected and cured for 14 days. - https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/clear-pickle-ultra-lo-salt-canadian-bacon.295780/ and it cured all the way through with little salt flavor!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky