Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

berrya

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 27, 2017
Indiana
Does anyone ever do baby potatoes on the smoker? A local catering company does these and I am trying to make them similar but the skin seems to always be too tough when I do them.

Reactions: SmokyMose
This what ur looking for ?

This what ur looking for ?

Not exactly, but I like that method! I will have to try that out

Maybe rub in oil, no salt and a bit more higher temp may help.

I don’t have a great answer but if you like potatoes, this method by chilerelleno chilerelleno is pretty awesome. I do light crusted, let them cool, and reheat when time is right in the smoker all the time.

Does anyone ever do baby potatoes on the smoker? A local catering company does these and I am trying to make them similar but the skin seems to always be too tough when I do them.
Two ways to help keep the skins soft and delicious.
Either boil till just tender and then smoke, or
rub skins with oil or bacon grease before smoking.

Reactions: chopsaw
Thanks for posting this berrya! I'm hoping to fire up the offset tomorrow for my first smoke of the year and wanted to do some small potatoes instead of beans as a side. I was getting ready to ask for ideas when lo and behold there your post is!
:-)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky