Posting/Replying issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shooter1

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 30, 2009
Lutz, Florida
Well it seems that my work computer will not let me be a contributor to SMF. The last time I was able to reply to a thread was 3/5 and before that 2/25, and that was a chore. I am in front of my computer 50 to 60 hours a week at work and that is when I do all my posting on various message boards. This is the only site I am having trouble with. I am currently posting from home as it is the only way I can. When I get home from work the last thing I want to do is get on the computer. So even though I can read and view all your great BBQ stories and Qview I can't participate and that frustrates the hell out of me. This is a great place and one of the best I have been a part of. I feel that I know so many of you personally and know we would have a great time hanging out and BBQ'n together. I will still check in to see what everyone is doing and maybe post from home from time to time, but I am going to have to jump ship. Maybe down the road something will change and I can come back, I will certainly try. Until then my smoking friends keep up the great work!

beercheer.gif

Figures just when we get all the cool smilies.
th_wsmsmile0ly.gif

At work IE9 on Windows 7, at home IE8 Windows XP Pro. I tried Google Chrome at work as someone suggested but its my company's firewall settings that are interfering. SMF will never fully load no matter what I do. Posters Avatars never load which is always a dead giveaway that I am not going to be able to do anything. Also drop down menus don't work, If I try to post a reply I just get taken back to the top of the original post. To put it as politely as I can, It sucks.

Sorry to hear your having so much trouble shooter, hope they get it fixed soon. Must be a great job if you can spend work time on SMF!  
beercheer.gif

I haven't had much trouble, and hardly ever had any serious problems, but I hope they get all of these bugs worked out, because there are a number of really good guys, like you, that have either stopped or slowed their contributing to this great forum!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky