Posting Picture Tutorial

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

teacup13

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 22, 2007
Sault Ste Marie,ON
i read the one above but thought maybe i could help out a little bit more...

i'll give yah a brief explanation on how to post pics on here....

a digital camera is an asset here

for the truely computer challenged..lol... i am going to post pics once i find them on my computer..lol
  • Go to www.imageshack.us
  • On the right hand side you will see the Browse button. Click on Browse and go to the place where your file is stored.
  • Double click on your chosen file.
  • Click the host it button.
Now your picture will be uploaded to the ImageShack servers. To make it come into your post on www.smokingmeatforums.com use the following steps:
  • When the image is fully uploaded, then you will see a Thumbnail for Websites, Thumbnail for Forums (1), Thumbnail for Forums (2), Hotlink for Forums (1), Hotlink for Forums (2), Hotlink to websites, Show image, Direct link to Image.
  • Choose the second or third link
  • Copy and paste the code (don't change any part of it!) into your post and when you post the topic, you will see the picture there.
That's all! Now you have uploaded an image from ImageShack hosting.

I think there should be a separate forum for photo stuff, something like the gardening section. Granted there may not be much traffic.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky