Posting Photos On The Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

soflaquer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 3, 2005
Stuart and Palm Beach, Florida
For those of you not already aware:

#1 - We LOVE to drool over pictures of your succesful (and sometimes, not so) photos of recent cooks!

#2 - When attaching photo files on the site.......Attach them in the OPPOSITE order in which you wish them to appear.

#3 - PLEASE downsize them to around 800 x 600 pixels! In recent discussions with Jeff Phillips (Site Administrator/Webmaster), overly pixeled photo attachments consume too much bandwidth and over tax the Server. Plus, it makes them extremely hard to view with todays high-pixel digital cameras. Most decent photo software has an option in it's menu to "resize" the image or canvas. As they are all not the same, I cannot guide you thru this process, just look for the above mentioned process.

Attaching the file is pretty self explanitory if you are Computer Literate. If not, don't be affraid to send me an e-mail thru the Forum (on any subject, really) and I will gladly assist you!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Brother Vulcan just mentioned a free site that will allow you to downsize your photos:
http://www.imageshack.us/

Good point Jeff. One other thing to take into consideration with these large pixeled downloads is that they take forever to download unless you happen to have a broadband server. Ranger72 also posted an XP reimaging tool in the "Messages for All Guests and Members. Here is a link to that tool: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

It would be a shame if we as Webmaster/Moderators had to resort to deleting oversized pics because of bandwidth/download time issues.

I also second Jeffs offer to assist in posting pics to this forum.

Very true, Dutch.....but I would venture to say that very few people have dial-up anymore. Believe me, when my Mother goes to high-speed - the Apocalypse is near! :D

Hopefully, others will try both links unless, like myself and others, they already have quality software on their HD. One of my firm beliefs in software is that you get what you pay for. After many a night of cussing at my screen, Mrs SoFlaQuer doesn't give me grief for buying $100+ Software. Yet, I still have "Free-Ware" that suits my needs. Homework is good in those instances.

Jeff

There are still a few of us hillbillies out in the sticks with dial-up so look out for us too! High-speed connection is just up the road a bit, so hopefully this summer.

I am not an official staff member, but would be more than glad to help you get pics posted as well. I have taught some guys how to do signatures and use forum features in chat and it is a great tool for that. I have also just posted some pics for people, so if you see me around just ask.

Excellent, Ultra! Your help is definitely appreciated by all!

Nothin' wrong with Hillbillies, my friend! I forget that some more remote areas don't have the access to High-Speed that others do........My Bad!

Jeff

help-----
ive done it to myself again---
while trying to post a avatar---
i left clicked the "block images from smf button""...

i need to get back to before i did this...

its really wierd --the difference in this forum///
can anyone help me???

i cant send p m cause i cant see any buttons..

I am not overly computer literate, but I was able to download photobucket. I upload all pix to photobucket (so easy even a dumb Okie can do it) and it offers three different image sizes to chose from depending on what you want to use them for. It must be foolproof cuz I can do it.

Tim

Can anyone help with the size of my avatar? The "Lil Mrs" is the computer guru, not me. We tried all sorts of things. Any suggestions?

Do you have any photo editing software? You will need to resize the photo. If you can't do it then feel free to PM me, I'll give you my email addy and resize it for you

Keep Smokin

We resized the picture to small, medium, and large sizes using the Image Resizer software from Microsoft. No matter what size we made the image, when we uploaded it, it remained the same size on the website. Everytime it remained the same size as you now see-too small.

If anyone has suggestions for software that would help......

Fixed the problem!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky