Posted once but finally ready to go

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jaye220

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 1, 2007
Seattle, WA
So I'm fired up...I just got my GOSM Big Block and I'm ready to get going this weekend. Got some chips, a couple of digital thermometers and a cover for the smoker (live in Seattle...very necessary).

My question is: what other tools would make my smoking experiences more enjoyable? I've heard people mention welding gloves, meathooks, etc. but I'd love some input if you have a moment.

Thanks in advance for the replies and I look forward to showing off the goods soon.

The gloves are always a good investment. A nice mop...looks like a dishwashing tool. Meat handling...well..a good sturdy set of forks. The kind you can hang 10 lbs off the end of and not have them fold. Beer... always have beer... so it follows a good cooler close to smoker. And an umbrella ;{) Speak to BBQ Bubba...he's got the fashion tips in those this year!

Enjoy!

A comfy chair and some adult beverages and maybe a radio/cd player/mp3 player
biggrin.gif
!!

Thick BBQ gloves for when your hands are in the heat box. A pair of insulated silicone gloves for picking up the meat, ribs whatever so you're not ruining your BBQ gloves. (And they can go in the dishwasher.) A spritzer bottle, heavy duty aluminum foil, a cooler with several towels, and
a nice pair of feetie pajamas!
biggrin.gif

A good sturdy set of tongs and some heavy duty foil. OH YEAH someone to help you eat your masterpeices and bring more beer.

As some have mentioned

Heavy Duty meat pans
Some throw away cheap meat pans
Spritz Bottle
Good Gloves I use welding gloves
Heavy Duty Tongs
Cooler for putting meat in after smoking to let it rest
Lots of Foil
Cellophane

Camera
Refreshments for that long smoke in thier own cooler
Comfy Chair in the shade

Wow...thanks for all of the quick, thorough replies. With Father's Day coming up, I know what to ask the wife for now.

I'll try and get some Q-views up after the weekend if possible.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky