Post A Picture of Your COMPLETED Mini-WSM Here ! (Mini Weber Smokey Mountain, MWSM)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm sold. Gonna build a mini next weekend (if I get the pot shipped by then). I do have one question tho. Some if these paint jobs have some extensive stenciling on them. HOW THE HECK DO YOU DO IT??? I'm gonna do a STL Cardinals mini, so any tips or techniques for getting a killer logo on there is greatly appreciated! Thanks
You put a sticker on the pot and paint over it then peel off the sticker leaving the bare pot for your emblem.

I'm sold. Gonna build a mini next weekend (if I get the pot shipped by then). I do have one question tho. Some if these paint jobs have some extensive stenciling on them. HOW THE HECK DO YOU DO IT??? I'm gonna do a STL Cardinals mini, so any tips or techniques for getting a killer logo on there is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Pretty mini's don't cook any better. Mine is stock.

Pretty mini's don't cook any better. Mine is stock.
Mine cooks way better than yours!  ;)

Mini to the fourth!
Case there are people that can help you.   
unsure.gif
     LMAO.    JK Case but seriously I am speechless.    This is gonna get good!

Case with all of those booster rockets what level of orbit do you see it achieving?    
biggrin.gif
     Someone put me up to it.....I won't mention any names!

Best of both worlds.       Keep her cranking for chicken.

Let us know how the new therm works.   Mine is junk.
As I was bringing the smoker up to temp today I took a few readings of the Maverick grate probe and the Tel-Tru at the same time. I didn't think to take a pic of the probe arrangement, but the probe tips were about 1-2 inches from each other. Once it got up close to smoking temperature, I quit writing them down, but here's a graph of how they trended. The average difference between them was 16 degrees (Tel-Tru higher, red line in the graph). 

And here's what came later... Brined for 6 hours with Kosher salt and brown sugar.

As I was bringing the smoker up to temp today I took a few readings of the Maverick grate probe and the Tel-Tru at the same time. I didn't think to take a pic of the probe arrangement, but the probe tips were about 1-2 inches from each other. Once it got up close to smoking temperature, I quit writing them down, but here's a graph of how they trended. The average difference between them was 16 degrees (Tel-Tru higher, red line in the graph). 

And here's what came later... Brined for 6 hours with Kosher salt and brown sugar.

Tasty looking plate if chicken!

Every fix mounted therm I've ever bought has been off by quite a bit. I always test both my digital and the few fixed therms I have in boiling water and ice water to see how far off they are. The only one to date that has been spot on out if the box is my iGrill therm. My Mav was close +/- 2-3 degrees. Doesn't really bother me until things get 5+/- degrees out if whack!

Posted these elsewhere on the forum, but thought I would add them to this thread.  First one (NYY edition) I made for myself and its first smoke was part of the Scarbelly Memorial Smokeout  back in October 2012.  First smoke - Chicken Thighs.  Have cooked lots in it ever since.  Most recently Pastrami.

Then made another one for my Brother for Christmas in December 2012.   Don't know what his first smoke was.

Reactions: bdskelly

Here is a pic of my fireball in action. I've used it for brisket, chuckies for burnt ends, fatties, meatballs, and in the hopper today is a small pork butt. The flavor definitely beats my MES, but I do typically go back to the MES or the oven after wrapping a big piece of meat rather than adding more coals or chunks. I'm very happy I decided to build one!

Reactions: bdskelly

Here is a pic of my fireball in action. I've used it for brisket, chuckies for burnt ends, fatties, meatballs, and in the hopper today is a small pork butt. The flavor definitely beats my MES, but I do typically go back to the MES or the oven after wrapping a big piece of meat rather than adding more coals or chunks. I'm very happy I decided to build one!
Sounds like it's getting some good use.   Mine can go 8 -9 hours @ 275-300 which is enough for a 10 plus lb pork butt.    

Do you have a basket in it?   You shouldn't have to add fuel but if you do it's easy, just add a 50/50 lit chimney. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky