Porkball!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richtee

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 12, 2007
N. Oakland County, MI
Got nuthin' to do with bats, BTW.

Trimmed up 2 slabs of spares, and 4 Lbs of countrys. Left with 2 long skirts, some short bones, and the meat twixt the ribs off the countries. Normally I'd grind it up for spaghetti sauce but I tried something new.

Laid out the skirts side by side, and laid on all the trimmings off the bones, etc. Sprinkled rub inside, and rolled it all up into a ball and tied with a string.

POOF...Porkball!
biggrin.gif

Was REALLY tasty too!

Thats using the ol' noggin! A good way to fit the skirt meat in the smoker. Thats the first pork ball I've seen that wasn't referred to as a mountain oyster
biggrin.gif

Hehe...never had those. One day I'm gonna have to try 'em. Last year I did freak some buds out by making some trotters :{)

Looks like a bat to me!

Sounds like a good idea. I have tried smoking the"extra meat" from spares before. Too damned tough for me, ended up like jerky. If I ever get tired of Baby backs, I'll have to try this pork ball thing!
icon_confused.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky