Pork vs. Beef liver taste

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokeguy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 23, 2008
The Pineywoods of East Texas
I for one am NOT a lizard eater (I mean liver but they both turn up my nose and wrinkle the hairs inside
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
) but I love boudain and by gosh you just can't make it "real" without it.

Or can you?

Since I don't eat liver and it's been so long since I've even tried it and even then it was smothered in onions and gravy (hard to believe even THAT didn't make it taste good!) I can't tell what the taste is like. So I don't know what to substitute it with/for. And it wouldn't matter but I've looked everywhere in my local and not so local area and can't find any pork liver unless I buy 30 lbs at a time.
icon_eek.gif

Anyone here a liver connoisseur and try them from different animals? Can I sub out the pork ones for something else "porkish" or mix some pork with the beef livers, or just go with all beef?

I just got a buck and too late I wish I had saved his liver to try- anyone taste it yet and how it compares to pork? After I get rid of some of those dang turkeys waiting for Thanksgiving (smoked and fried coming up- yum!) in the freezer maybe I'll get lucky and be able to get another one to try it with if someone thinks it would taste ok.

Think pork butt would work or is it too fatty compared to liver? Pork chop? Loin? Underwood's Deviled ham?
biggrin.gif

It wouldn't be real boudain, but I'll bet little bacon chunks mixed in would be fantastic....

You mean to tell me that theres liver in boudain sausage the cajun stuff right. NO way I like boudain and I hate liver too. alot You have almost ruined my day. NO there cann't be liver in there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky