• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Steaks on the gas grill .

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
When I get my new card, someone got my number somehow, will order. Best I can find is 18 gauge.
That stinks . Been there a couple times .
I just reviewed mine and it says 16 gauge stainless . Same brand for a Gen 2 E410
says solid stainless " Much more thicker " Lol .
Good luck .

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Very nice Rich. Great color and I bet the taste was right there with the color

We love our pork steaks. We do them a lot. And lots of different things can be done with them

David

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Chop Thanks for the like I appreciate it.

Noting beats some nice pork steak or chops on the grill in my book.

Warren

tx smoker

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
Man, those look absolutely decadent!! Beautiful job on that pork and I'd be all over a bunch of that....except that as late as I am there's probably not any left :emoji_astonished:

Robert

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Looks mighty tasty Chop, I would be licking my chops!
Thanks . Plan was to use the SmokeFire , but the gas grill really did a great job .

! Beautiful job on that pork and I'd be all over a bunch of that....except that as late as I am there's probably not any left
Thanks Robert . Yup , the one leftover didn't make it past 10 am the next day .

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
Rich,
Those turned out beautifully. I have never had them marinated in Italian dressing, so it is on the list for sure.

Stu

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Those turned out beautifully.
Thanks Stu .

I have never had them marinated in Italian dressing
Yeah , that's an '80's thing for me . Used to use it on almost everything back then .
Been a long time since I've used it . It's good . That smell when the meat hits the hot grill is insane .
Thanks for the interest bud .

SecondHandSmoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 30, 2018
Thanks Stu .

Yeah , that's an '80's thing for me . Used to use it on almost everything back then .
Been a long time since I've used it . It's good . That smell when the meat hits the hot grill is insane .
Thanks for the interest bud .
Rich,
I couldn't any find pork steaks around here if my life depended on it.
So, some nice thick bone-in chops will have to do in a pinch. I plan on making a homemade Italian dressing, marinate, and then grill the chops on Saturday.
Thanks for the inspiration.

P.S. I would do it today, but today is jerky smoking/dehydrating day. ;-)
Stu

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I think these will work

20211030_103909.jpg

Today gonna be Chicken and Dumplings but I gonna cheat

20211030_103937.jpg

Guess not going to replace those Deflectors. Best can find are 18 gauge and I think that what stock is. The only 16 gauge I see are the 13.25" ones and I need 12.5". Thought about stacking them. There are a lot of bad reviews on this grill with same problem. I sent Weber a message and they want me to do things all ready tried. That one grill was just a bad design.

Last edited:

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Chicken and Dumplings but I gonna cheat
That's not cheating , that's being smart and eating good .

I think these will work
I guess they will . Those are nice . I looked yesterday , and the same pack I bought last week for $7.00 was $17.00 . I passed .
Yeah if you have the Silver that does a good job I wouldn't worry about the deflectors . That's a shame .

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
That's not cheating , that's being smart and eating good .

I guess they will . Those are nice . I looked yesterday , and the same pack I bought last week for $7.00 was $17.00 . I passed .
Yeah if you have the Silver that does a good job I wouldn't worry about the deflectors . That's a shame .
It does work great for other things though. Does great chicken when I to lazy to use charcoal.

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I bake a lot of bread on mine in the summer . I showed you the weber grilling tray . I use it for veg.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.