• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Steak Anyone?

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
These are full length pork steaks.... all the major muscles came to the party, even the narrow strip under the false cap.
H8gOqq1.jpg

I started these on the kettle, I'm still getting used to the water reservoir.

uFWTUQ6.jpg

t98319N.jpg

After a couple of hours I moved over the Egg for the raised direct finish and crisp up.

ML7VTtN.jpg

hLMTb2q.jpg

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Those look delicious. What are they sharing a plate with?

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Those are some pretty pork steaks! The ones you see around here are a lot of bone.
Nice!

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
They look great! I’m a huge fan of pork steaks. When I was younger they were so much cheaper than most things I could grill I ate them often.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Looks good. I love ham steaks.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks delicious!
Al

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Got some beautiful color on them, they look really good!

Ryan

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
I love pork steaks! Like them any way they are cooked but my favorite is fried. I do like them smoked in a smoker or in a charcoal grill with a little bit of hickory and apple chips for some added flavor.
Those look great!

thirdeye

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 1, 2019
I love pork steaks! Like them any way they are cooked but my favorite is fried. I do like them smoked in a smoker or in a charcoal grill with a little bit of hickory and apple chips for some added flavor.
Those look great!
I haven't done this in years but using Shake and Bake is a different twist. They have to be on the thin side so they tender up when the breading is done.

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 8, 2009
I haven't done this in years but using Shake and Bake is a different twist. They have to be on the thin side so they tender up when the breading is done.
I don't like them in shake and bake, too much fat even if they are thin cut.

smokeymose

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 13, 2015
Funny you should mention that. It's a guilty secret of mine that we actually like Shake & Bake for chops as an easy meal now and then.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.