Pork Shoulder W/ Qview.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

meateater

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 17, 2009
Hendertucky, Nv.
I grabbed one of these last week since they were only 1.89 a pound. I injected with straight cayenne sauce and rubbed it with a mixture of cayenne sauce, canola oil and some garlic and onion powder. This is my first smoke with pecan, I like it. I smoked it till 160 and foiled it and cooked till 205 and let it rest for a few hours and dismembered it. I usually don’t shred just pull it in chunks, I like the bigger pieces better. Pecan is a winner for me, got it local. I skinned off the fat cap and slow fried it in a pan to make cracklins, sorry no pics ate it all, maybe next time. Enjoy! 

b8edb393_rubbed.jpg

cce34c6b_pecan1.jpg

01a15045_pecan2.jpg

2f6db135_sparky.jpg

fc6146eb_done.jpg

aaeb6311_bone.jpg

e50ab8f0_pulled.jpg

Nice looking shoulder Meat! I'm interested to know how the heat was myself.

Hey where did you get the pecan? Looks like a good deal and I have really been wanting to try some.

Nice work!  Love it when the bone comes out clean like that!
Thanks James. 
icon14.gif

The PP looks delicious!

thumb1.gif
Thanks Al ! 
icon14.gif

Looks great...Love some Pecan wood...
Thanks, I like this wood, good stuff. 

MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm................!!!!!!!

'Nuff Said !!!

Bear
Thanks Bear! 
icon14.gif

nice chunks, both of them!
Thanks! 
icon14.gif

Awesome pork man, how the heck do you find time to do all these smokes?

I don't smoke really that much. I'll plan around a day that I have off and bag and freeze for future meals. I smoked this last week just got around to posting it. 

Nice looking shoulder Meat! I'm interested to know how the heat was myself.

Hey where did you get the pecan? Looks like a good deal and I have really been wanting to try some.
I got the pecan locally at a firewood and smoking wood place. It was a 14 pound box for $14.00. 

hey meateater , looks great but all that hot sauce scares me , i like a little kick but man ................. you say it wasn't that hot to you but what did the normal people say . haha

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky