Pork ribs French cut question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

neens

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 14, 2008
Orange, CT
Hey guys I was out yesterday picking up a few things at restaurant depot and noticed they had a cut of ribs I had never seen before called a French cut. They look link of like a log of lamb chops. Does anyone have any experience with these or any cooking suggestions? Also a side note at this moment I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t have a smoker on hand so going to have to cook in the oven. I was going to us Jeffâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s rub on it but donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t know how it would come in the oven.

A frech cut rack of lamb/pork is just for apperance. Basically they scrape and cut off all the meat from the rib bones leaving just the loin meat. I would cook it the same way you would a regular bone-in loin roast. The oven will work fine. I like to mix olive oil, crushed garlic, rosemary and salt into a paste, rub it on the roast and roast in the oven at 350- 375 until done (155 I think?).

Your welcome Neens. Oh, donn't forget to put tiny french chef hats on the rib bones when its done...lol
biggrin.gif

Frenched Bone-in pork loins are all for apperance. There are really no benefits to this. Actually you are paying more because of the added weight of the bones. Do as Fritz said and they should turn out great. I second the chef hats.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky