pork picnic

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dozer

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 28, 2007
Reno, NV
just threw on a 8.5# pork picnic. its 1:00 in the mornin here and im just about tipsey. smokin on my new GOSM big block with mesqusite and apple chunks. will keeep you all posted with my progress,. heres a pic of my new beauty

heres my new girl...aint she cute
6200ad48_vbattach13734.jpg

Looking good so far.......you shoulld be eating by now....what happened to the Q-****. I have to have my fix...slurp....wipe!! We need an ending to this drama.

been in about 10.5 hours now and my temp is 170. prolly gonna foil now
c41127a6_vbattach13745.jpg

what happened? one minute i was eatin some nice pulled pork the next i was sound asleep on my couch. so the picnic turned out awesome. took alittle over 13 hours to reach 205.wife and kid were very pleased and now i have sammies for the next week at work. couldnt have done it without the help of the fine men and woman of SMF!
17215a8c_vbattach13772.jpg

fc037639_vbattach13773.jpg

Looks so good I had to reheat some of my pp from the last smoke. Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky