Pork picnic... Need help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slick

Original poster
May 26, 2013
South Central PA
Anyone out there to help with temp of pork picnic?? Never did picnic before usually butt section. Got three picnics from 7.75 lbs. To 9.2lbs. Cut off skin and trimed off good bit of fat cap. Brined for just under two days (work thing got in way). Put on gas smoker around 6pm and meat temp is at 129 now(1:30am). Don't I need to get above 140 within 4ish hours or so for meat to be "safe"? Or does picnic stall out earlier?? Worried that meat is going to be bad. Smoker temp has stayed pretty steady 220-240 or so. Would have liked just a little higher, but it held with this temp so I was happy - ugh maybe not now. I'm thinkng meat in danger zone too long. Any advice

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky