Pork Loin with photos.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sinnful-bbq

Original poster
Hi Everyone Glad to be a member here and just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi and share with you what your tips and insight helped me to do this weekend.

JJPOP

My First Forum post here on SMF.

My Pork Loin and Baked Beans I did this weekend.

090ce6d8_porkloin42011001.jpg

54778e66_porkloin42011003.jpg

Pork Loin Before Smoking..

bb3b8b34_porkloin42011005.jpg

Halfway done.

3cd2c013_porkloin42011007.jpg

Pulled and Wrapped   it tight to let it rest.

538664eb_porkloin42011004.jpg

Side Dish of Baked Beans...

dd88cf1d_porkloin42011011-550.jpg

Sliced and ready to serve.

94d12a4f_porkloin42011012-550.jpg

Better picture of moist and tender deliciousness.

8f5af0c7_porkloin42011013-550.jpg

Turned the flash off to get a better picture of the smoke ring.

I want to Thank Everyone on SMF for their posts on these forums, Because of you and your knowledge I have improved my smoking skill set.

I couldn't have done this with out your help.

Thanks Again!

Quick rundown on the Pork Loin.

4 lb Pork Loin

Trimmed the extra fat, didn't have much to start with.

X scored the top, just enough to break the surface.

Dashed it up with some herbs, very lightly and into a bag to set 12 hrs.

Added 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing to the bag, 12 more hrs.

Fired up the MES smoker the next morning, preheated to 225.

Put the Cherry water soaked chips on.

I put a VERY light coat of Grill-mates pork rub on.

Covered the top with Maple Bacon.

Put it on a rack above a shallow foil pan.

Soon as the smoke started put the Loin on with sterile probe inserted.

Spritzed with Apple Juice about once an hour.  

Pulled it when it hit 147.

Wrapped tight and let it set in the towel packed cooler to finish.

Left the probe in and watched the temp rise.

When it hit the peek (9 deg) and then fell back to 5 deg under pulled temp I pulled it out of the cooler and let it set for 15 min more on the counter with a couple of holes in the foil before slicing.

That’s about it, that’s how I do it and what works for me.   

JJPOP

Well JJ I think you did an excellent job with that loin. It really looks tender & juicy. The beans look great too. Congrats on a job well done!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and the supportive comments, They are enjoyed and appreciated. Heres a funny for ya, If you look at the last three pictures you will notice that it is only of half of the pork loin. I sliced it and left the kitchen to get my camera and in the time it took me to get back half of it was gone. They snarfed it right off the cutting board. Good thing I didn't get distracted for a few minutes the three of them would have had it all gone. I like when my friends feel at home enough to make themselves at home. Lesson learned is if I'm going to take a picture for here I better have the camera in the kitchen.

Welcome to SMF. That is a great looking first smoke too.  

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF. Thanks for the Q-view. You'll like it here cause there are alot of really good folks that would just love to help you with anything to do with smoking. Now we like having new folks here to give a new prospective on some of the ways we do things around here. Now if you are really new then I would suggest that you sign up fir the 5-day E-course it free and it will give you the basics on smoking and a few recipes too. Here's a link to it:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/list/127

then you will have a method to your newly found madness and believe me it will be a madness. Then when you start smoking things you will have to learn how to post the pictures / Qview 

here. So here's a link to a tutorial on how to post your Qview so we can see what your doing.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/82034/how-to-post-qview-to-smf

Now the next thing you have to do is run out and get something to smoke. Then just smoke it and if you have any questions just post  them here and we will answer all your questions that you might have. Oh yea there's no stupid questions we were all there in the beginning and we just really like to help others enjoy the fabulous smoked foods that we do. So again

Welcome to Your New Addiction  

GO GATORS    

I have a couple of questions.

Rounghly how long did you smoke this and what herbs did you use initially?

This looks deadly, BTW.

Thanks for the questions I'll try my best to answer, The herbs were a mix of Oregano, a little rosemary and thyme and some brown sugar and cracked black pepper. I like to do this first and let it set and then add the Italian dressing later, seems to get a better diversion of flavor to me. As for the time to cook, roughly an hour or so a pound. I usually just go by the temp and put it on early as I like to pull things and let them rest wrapped and packed in a cooler. I have held things for hours in the cooler just as long as you pack it tight no air pockets. When you take it out of the cooler you wont believe how hot it is so be careful not to burn yourself. The other trick I do is to just prick a small hole or two in the foil and let it set for 10 or 15 before I fully unwrap, for me it seems to suck the juice in more and lets the steam out. Hope that helps and thanks!

JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky