Pork loin sale at Sam's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fourthwind

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 12, 2009
Thornton, CO
Whole pork loins at 1.48 a pound at the local Sam's here in Thornton, CO. I love cutting my own steaks, or what my wife calls personal size roasts.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

I think they were 1.38 here last week. Didn't have any room in the freezer though.
mad.gif

Wow, you guys are killing me. In this pasrt of Florida, I see them go for $1.89 lb on sale.

$1.48---Wow!, and the one I have curing was regular $3.99, on sale for $1.79 per pound. That's about the lowest I've seen around here for a long time.

BTW: I should be smoking another CB on Thursday, with that venison "fresh to smoked sausage trial" I mentioned before, with lots of Qview.

I wandered into a local HEB (Texas food chain) store on Tuesday for something, and took my traditional stroll past the meat departemnt. I thought I was halluicinating - whole pork loins for $1.00/lb! I only bought two - my freezer and fridge are fully stuffed with a recent flurry of sausage, salami, summer sausage and pepperoni making activity, not to mention some more beef and pork butt cryo-packs waiting to be cooked.

Went back yesterday and the "Manager's Sale" was over...
icon_eek.gif

Told the wife that we need to find room for another freezer - then have one for raw materials and one for finished product!

The price of pork is skyrocketing here... Food Lion just placed an ad and have loins for $2.25 a lb now. I no longer see butts less then $119 a lb either. Whats going on? I think china has something to do with it. We are a port city with huge export terminlas. Maybe they can get more for it in China?

I will have to go check the prices at our local sam's and see if they have the loins on sale and what they cost. Then I will go to the restaurant depot where I just got my cards for and check their prices on all the meats we smoke.

I went to Kroger to get a Porkloin and ended up with 8 nice 7-9 pound butts for 75 cents a pound.....Score!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didnt get a loin...I put the butts in the freezer for later

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky