Pork Loin - Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

caveman

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Hello fellow smokers!!! I have been on a mission with a family emergency. It kept me from picking up a brand spanking new WSM!
mad.gif
Family. You've got to love & support them. Oh well. I will announce my new purchase soon. In the mean time, while I was gone, my smoker sat alone & lonely in the dark under its protective cover. Upon my arrival, it whispered to me, don't you love me anymore. (I think it knows I am about to retire it.) Since wifey pulled out a pork loin for me that a friend of mine picked up at Sam's club, I figured I would answer my smoker's question. Yes, I love you.

My friend picked up a 4 foot long loin for $1.89 a pound & cut it in half for me. I ended up paying $15 & some change for it. Thank you friend!!!

Okay, I must apologize because I don't have prep pics. Only the finished product. (I was really, really tired & babysitting my smoker for 4 hours & making dinner in the kitchen did not help. But wifey sure was happy when she got home!!!) Also since this was my first Loin, I did not stuff it. Darn.

Okay, enough typing. On to the view:

This is the loin smoked between 207 & 237 for 4 hours. It is rubbed with Texas grilling magic from TEXASBBQRUB.COM

I do plan on ordering Jeff's rub sometime soon. I hear great things about it.

Here are some sliced pics:

I smoked the Loin with Hickory & finished it with Mesquite. (We love Mesquite!!)

A little homemade Mac & Cheese done right.

And for the health nuts, (my wife), some roasted brussel sprouts with real bacon & onions.

Dinner is served.

Thank you for looking. I apologize for not having the pre qview. Next time I will indulge your fantasies. (Be nice. We are talking about smoking meat that is.) Good night.

nice job, I like the smoke ring, and even the veggies look good.

points.gif

Man oh Man you did a great job on that whole meal. That loin was excellant and love the smoke ring and you kept the moisture too. Fab job again. Now did you like those bussel sprouts we really love them in this household. Please tell me you finished the mac & cheese in the smoker and that would be the perfect dinner. But you will get some
points.gif
from me anyway.

That loin looked to be done to perfection! Juicy for sure, and some really good smoke reaction...that had to be great eating!

I love brussel sprouts! Unfortunately, I'm one of two in our house who eat them...man, they look good. And, you can't go wrong with homemade Mac & Cheese.

Nice smoke, nice plate, well done!!!

Eric

Thank you sir!!

It did stay moist. I pulled it at 165 as I was not sure but after I pulled it, I double foiled it & let it rest for 30 minutes. (I forgot to put that part in my thread. I was soooooo tired.) I could not believe how moist it was for my first one. Thank you for looking.

I want to stuff my next one. Remember, I still have one in the freezer as my friend cut it in half.

Thank you!!

Thank you sir, even though it wasn't done on my NEW WSM!!
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif
Oh yeah, that's right. I did not get it yet. Soon my friend, soon. Then I will call Weber to cut you that check.
icon_mrgreen.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif
(Okay, I will stop now.)

I cut the onion, fried some bacon, five pieces, sliced the brussel sprouts, tossed in a bowl with the onions & EVOO, added bacon & roasted them in the oven. I didn't use the smoker because I did not wnat to keep checking on them & adding time to the smoke. Wifey was at work this time.

Thank you sir!! I also had a water pan with about 1/4" of water in the pan to catch the juice. There really wasn't any. I was scared at first but then after the resting period, juice was everywhere. I think that was the key. It tasted great as well.

Yes. It was very juicy. Thank you sir!

It is what I had for breakfast. LOL!!! Thank you sir!

I really appreciate your comment. I don't photograph all of my dishes but I am proud to post pics of the ones I do capture here. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!! That means a lot to me sir.

Coming from the star of his own saga's, I truly appreciate & respect your comments sir!!!!!!!! I love the sprouts as well but wifey calls them my little "Stinky Cabbages" every time I boil them. Next time, they go into the smoker since I have her eating them roasted. Woo Hoo!!!

Thank you very much Sir!!!

Just don't rush it. Low & slow will yeild you a wonderful piece of meat. Thank you sir!

Thank you sir!!!!

That is the idea buddy!!! LOL. Thank you sir!!
Thank you sir!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky