Pork loin cook time question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rob989_69

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Rochester NY
I'm doing a stuffed loin this weekend. Just wondering roughly how long it should take.

I know, cook to doneness but I want to know of estimate of time so I'm not eating dinner at 9 at night LOL.

Stuffing it with sausage, baby spinach, roasted red pepper, and mozzarella.

Thanks

Rob

about 1.5 hours per pound, mine usually take anywhere from 3.5-5 hours, I take mine to 165 and let it rest for about a half an hour.

dont forget to give us some pics

I can tell you EXACTLY. When it's done! Problem: Sausage stuffing. You HAVE to go to 165°. Without that... 145° is my preferred temp. Keep it mopped. By 165° it's gonna be drying out.

Consider pre-cooking a sausage stuffing.

Forgot to mention, the sausage IS precooked, just finished frying it actually. And the rest is vegetation, I'm also wrapping in bacon.

So from what I'm seeing 5 hours should be the max right? I'm assuming quicker because it is stuffed with precooked sausage.

What kind of heat are we talking here? 250? Higher?

Mine (5 pounder) took about 4 hours with pre cooked sausage, took it to 150 and then foiled it and put it into the cooler.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky