Pork loin cook time question

Discussion in 'Pork' started by rob989_69, Jul 18, 2008.

1. rob989_69

rob989_69 Meat Mopper

I'm doing a stuffed loin this weekend. Just wondering roughly how long it should take.

I know, cook to doneness but I want to know of estimate of time so I'm not eating dinner at 9 at night LOL.

Stuffing it with sausage, baby spinach, roasted red pepper, and mozzarella.

Thanks

Rob

2. krusher

krusher Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

about 1.5 hours per pound, mine usually take anywhere from 3.5-5 hours, I take mine to 165 and let it rest for about a half an hour.

dont forget to give us some pics

3. reddog

reddog Fire Starter

I smoked a 5 pounder last weeked at 250 took 4.5 hrs. Smoked with cherry and brined for 24 hrs.
    Good luck!

4. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I can tell you EXACTLY. When it's done! Problem: Sausage stuffing. You HAVE to go to 165°. Without that... 145° is my preferred temp. Keep it mopped. By 165° it's gonna be drying out.

Consider pre-cooking a sausage stuffing.

5. camocook

camocook Meat Mopper

Can't go wrong brining that loin first. Helps keep it moist.

6. rob989_69

rob989_69 Meat Mopper

Forgot to mention, the sausage IS precooked, just finished frying it actually. And the rest is vegetation, I'm also wrapping in bacon.

So from what I'm seeing 5 hours should be the max right? I'm assuming quicker because it is stuffed with precooked sausage.

What kind of heat are we talking here? 250? Higher?

7. carpetride

carpetride Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Mine (5 pounder) took about 4 hours with pre cooked sausage, took it to 150 and then foiled it and put it into the cooler.