pork cushion meat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chris_harper

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 21, 2006
Waco, TX
anyone ever hear of it? my local mexican grocery store (caters more towards hispanic customers) has it for $1.09/lb. the picture in the ad looks like a boston butt. i need to go tomorrow and look at it.

Can't find a difinitive description but it is listed as "Pork Shoulder Picnic Cushion". From the picture I found online, it looked like a bone in picnic shoulder cut.

i know plenty of.. oops n/m wouldn't that be a butt ? orare they stuffing upholstery w/ pork nowdays ?
eek.gif

Check out this link. http://www.uspork.org/buyersguide/shoulder2250.html

From what I could gather, folks have smoked this to slice but had trouble taking it to a high enough temperature to pull. I found directions for cooking that stated to foil it and cook it in a 270 degree oven for 8 hours. Seems to be a crock pot meat? At such a cheap price, wouldn't hurt to experiment with it.
icon_wink.gif

thanks for the link. i will check it out (the meat) tomorrow. that is a good link, lots of info.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky