Pork Crown Roast For Easter (with QVIEW)

Discussion in 'Pork' started by dionysus, Mar 24, 2008.

1. dionysus

dionysus Meat Mopper OTBS Member

After last years resounding success, the family has decided it’s to be Pork Crown Roast for Easter again this year so it was off to the butcher to order the roast. He did an excellent job this year, 5.2 Kilos (a little better than 10 pounds) of beautiful pork loins with ribs attached. [​IMG] This was about 17 ribs so LOTS to go around, mind you we are going to be 12 for diner.

Saturday night the meat was slathered with mustard and a generous application of rub applied, wrapped in Saran and into the fridge. I’m figuring around 6-8 hours in the GOSM at 225º for this baby, so Sunday morning I’m getting everything ready for a 10AM start. Using a mix of apple and cherry for this smoke and my spray bottle, with a mix of apple juice and Jack Daniels, is ready to go. Roast came off at about 5PM, was basted with a glaze of brown sugar, mustard and apple vinegar, and wrapped in foil for about an hour.

Another successful day, the rub was perfect, the smoke was right on, the pork was juicy and moist ..... What a great day [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. richtee

richtee Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Dayumm... you actually CUT that?!?

POINTS! For the contribution to art, food and full bellies!

3. funh2o

funh2o Meat Mopper

Wow!! That pork crown roast is a thing of beauty. Nice job [​IMG]

Happy Smokin

Steve

4. desertlites

desertlites Master of the Pit OTBS Member

WOW! that is real pretty-looks like it tasted great.

5. gt2003

gt2003 Meat Mopper

Anyone that can do something that nice deserves some reputation points. Nice job!!

Just for kicks, what internal temp did you use as your goal?

6. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks awesome!!

7. capt dan

capt dan Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Yum OH! That looks so good.[​IMG]

8. morkdach

morkdach Master of the Pit OTBS Member

wow good job

9. minn.bill

minn.bill Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

wow ribs and loin all in one weird but damb tasty looking.[​IMG]

10. dionysus

dionysus Meat Mopper OTBS Member

I generally carve this between the ribs, so I take it to about 165º. It is pork after all and the family INSISTS that its fully cooked.