Pork chops. How to???

Discussion in 'Pork' started by aj929rr, Nov 4, 2007.

1. I have some pork chops I wanna smoke. At what temp. should I smoke them and for how long? They are less than an inch thick....

2. You would want to smoke them around 200-220 degrees until the internal temp is over 165. Time is irrelevant, its the temp u need to keep an eye on..

3. smoke freak

smoke freak StickBurners

When smokin chops I like to brine them shortly the cook at 200-225. Takes 2 to 4 hours dependin on thickness. Cook to 160 and enjoy. Great, now I gotta do chops soon. Maybe after the meatloaf which comes after the chicken which follows the.....oh man I love this.

4. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I like to marinate the pork chops 1/2 a day to add moisture. Also cut the pork chops 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" thick, as I feel a thin pork chops will cook while smoking too fast. I smoke for about an hour and then switch them to a grill to finish them about 10 minutes per side.

5. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Personal, I would find 165+ as way too much. Shoot for around 155 to 160 tops, then readjust for your personal taste.

6. gypsyseagod

gypsyseagod Master of the Pit OTBS Member

i smoke or grill them until the juice runs clear as w/ all thin pork or poultry anddon't forget the smoked stuffing the last 45 mins or so.

7. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Chops are great smoked also good brined but lean toward a hammy taste when brined. ENjoy!

8. squeezy

squeezy Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I agree with Flash on this one ... [​IMG]