Pork chop jerky results

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

theblaz

Original poster
Sep 30, 2015
4 pork chops, sliced and marinated, then dried in the oven for about 6 hours at 180.

Before:

And after:

Pulls apart easy, but i think thats because i happened to slice it properly by mistake, as im very new to this. I tasted a piece, it has a nice flavor, not as strong as the other jerkies ive made, but thats mostly because i was using up the remnants of marinade ingredients (half bottle of this, little of that, etc).

Wont have a final verdict for another 12 hours or so while i let it dry, but its not horrible, and at this point in my jerky life, ill settle for that, haha

Eh, it wasnt bad. Texture was different, and i like that extra porkchops work so well like this, but i wont be buying chops to do this again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky