• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pork Chile Colorado, Cilantro lime cauliflower rice and more

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
Very popular in Mexico, called Mole.
While I don’t think this sauce would be considered a mole it’s possible the addition of peanut butter has its roots in a mole sauce. There are many but the most familiar to people are the mole with chocolate.

Nefarious

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 10, 2021
that's interesting. I lived in New Mexico and my gf at the time made mole with ground peanuts, and sometimes peanut butter. But never chocolate. I just looked it up and the products, from mexican companies have chocolate in them.

So, you are correct, and I need to be more careful.

jcam222

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
that's interesting. I lived in New Mexico and my gf at the time made mole with ground peanuts, and sometimes peanut butter. But never chocolate. I just looked it up and the products, from mexican companies have chocolate in them.

So, you are correct, and I need to be more careful.
Nope you are correct too. Mole has quite a few regional varieties and mole de cacahuate has peanuts. https://www.food.com/recipe/mole-de-cacahuate-peanut-mole-mexican-peanut-sauce-385004

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.