pork butt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rick83

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 20, 2014
Olathe, ks
My 2nd pork butt with the rub
It sat in the fridge till i got off work yesterday then smoked it with hickory and apple for about 7 hrs IT was about 150. Then put in the oven at 220° for around 10 hrs. Just took it out at an IT of 195. I got it wraped and resting.

Looks nice ! Just outta curiosity, why did ya put it in the oven for that long ? Again, just curious as to why if there's a reason ! :biggrin:

Just long and slow in the oven till the meat got to the temp i wanted. I just pulled it and i can say i've never had such tender and juicy pulled pork. I was going to chunk some of it to kind of do some burnt ends while i smoke some chicken today but it was so tender it wouldn't cut into chunks, it just feel apart.

Awesome, like I say just was curious.... Looks real nice & glad it turned out great for ya ! Hard to beat a butt that just falls apart ! :biggrin:

Looks nice ! Just outta curiosity, why did ya put it in the oven for that long ? Again, just curious as to why if there's a reason !
biggrin.gif
He might be a Canadian, and it be a temperature thing.? Wonder where he's cooking?

Rick if ya would, please take a min and click the "My Profile" Icon above and let us know from where ya hail please sir.

Its really helps with questions and discussions to know if you are in England or South Peoria. Thank ye Thank ye.

Last edited:
Sorry, always forget to add my location. It's added now. Olathe, ks is where i'm at.

Looks nice ! Just outta curiosity, why did ya put it in the oven for that long ? Again, just curious as to why if there's a reason ! :biggrin:

He might be a Canadian, and it be a temperature thing.? Wonder where he's cooking?

Rick if ya would, please take a min and click the "My Profile" Icon above and let us know from where ya hail please sir.
Its really helps with questions and discussions to know if you are in England or South Peoria. Thank ye Thank ye.

Yeah Foam, I was just curious as to his method.... If I see somethin a little different than I do things I like to ask as to get another perspective.... Ya know just try learning somethin when I can ! This place is great as ya get to see how folks do things different throughout this Great U.S. Of A ! I think we have at least one person from each state on this forum.... As well as our other friends from Canada & other places too.... Now that's awesome IMHO !!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky