Pork Butt - Gourmet magazine style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

awtaylor

Original poster
May 14, 2007
Trumbull, CT
Morning to all the salty, smoky crew
icon_smile.gif

Figured I'd have a little fun and get my wife really rolling her eyes at me today
icon_rolleyes.gif
! Picked up a 5.5lb butt yesterday, made my rub and broke out the camera.

Here are the first two shots from the prep process. I'm trying to emulate the images from Gourmet magazine - let me know how I did! I'll post more as the process unfurls...
7b1c8915_vbattach14979.jpg

83b7deea_vbattach14978.jpg

Welcome aboard!

Taking pics while preparing, cooking and serving can be great fun and or a great challange, but the pics are always a welcomed sight to behold!

The other day I was searching through my laptop for some work related pics while at work. A coworker saw the litle thumbnails of some of my "Q" shots and asked about them. After showing off the pics to the crew we had to go find a local BBQ joint to make the hunger go away! Pics sure can make you hungry!

i just smoked a 6.1 lb. butt friday..........why does MY shoulder bone so much smaller than what aw's is showing?

any clues

dude

by the way........welcome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky