Pork Butt - Gourmet magazine style

Discussion in 'Pork' started by awtaylor, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Morning to all the salty, smoky crew [​IMG]

Figured I'd have a little fun and get my wife really rolling her eyes at me today[​IMG]! Picked up a 5.5lb butt yesterday, made my rub and broke out the camera.

Here are the first two shots from the prep process. I'm trying to emulate the images from Gourmet magazine - let me know how I did! I'll post more as the process unfurls...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. zapper

zapper Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Welcome aboard!

Taking pics while preparing, cooking and serving can be great fun and or a great challange, but the pics are always a welcomed sight to behold!

The other day I was searching through my laptop for some work related pics while at work. A coworker saw the litle thumbnails of some of my "Q" shots and asked about them. After showing off the pics to the crew we had to go find a local BBQ joint to make the hunger go away! Pics sure can make you hungry!

3. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Fire Starter

nice pictures. if i had a magazine the pic of the rubbed butt would be on the cover

4. yeah, that second pic is sweet.

5. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

i just smoked a 6.1 lb. butt friday..........why does MY shoulder bone so much smaller than what aw's is showing?

any clues

dude

by the way........welcome