Pork Butt and Baby Backs on a Yoder 640

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jtrainor56

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA
We had friends family and neighbors over yesterday and I did a bone in Boston butt, baby back ribs and a beef brisket. Started on Saturday night with the Yoder set a 270* with BBQ Delight Hickory pellets. I normally smoke with apple pellets but since I was doing the brisket at the same time I wanted hickory. 

I rubbed the butt with TastyLicks BBQ Original rub after injecting with apple juice on Friday night. Put into the fridge until I put the butt on the smoker at 9pm on Saturday. Brisket want on at 10:30pm, that smoke is in the beef section. When the butt reached 165* I foiled and pulled at 201* around 6am Sunday morning. Wrapped in towels and placed in a cooler for about 3 hours, let it sit out until it reached 142* and then placed in the fridge. Company was due around 2:30pm so I pulled it an hour before in a pan, sauced with TastyLicks BBQ Secret Weapon sauce mixed 50/50 with apple juice and 1/4c of honey which thickens it up a bit. Covered with foil and put it back on the Yoder that was now at 195* to warm up. Tasted great and what was left over my daughter and her boyfriend took with the.

Thanks for looking, Joe. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky