Pork and beef?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just the usual advice, cook them low and slow about 225-250. Prepare them the night before with a nice rub, wrap them up and let them sit in the fridge overnight.

I usually let my pork cook to 195-200 if I'm going to pull it, spritzing it with apple juice after about 4 hours and foiling it at 165, then putting it back in till it reaches 195, wrap the foil tight, then in a towel and put it by itself in a clean cooler for a few hours to let it reabsorb the juices.

Have fun.

Best advice has already been given except - keep your camera close by.

Don't forget about the plateau - you may be cooking those things for 8-10-12-14 hours. You may want to smoke them the day before and just reheat the day of the event.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky