Poll: Fav Pepper Sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Poll Pepper Sauce

• Tabasco / other Tabasco product

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frank's Red Hot

• Texas Pete

• Other - please post reply

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

supervman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Minnesota
a) Tabasco / reg or other
b) Franks Red Hot
c) Texas Pete
d) Other

If other just please reply w sauce name.

Note: I hit poll but didn't get a format to use.
I have NO idea if this will work so it's in test area not peppers

Franks is the best all around hot pepper vinegar based sauce. A calose second runner up is this stuff with a very sweet garlicky start and a beat down finish.

I was enjoying the green tabasco when I could find it on the shelves.

"I" make the best sauce. Unfortunately you cant taste it at this time. Maybe, God willing, you can buy it and judge for yourself "someday soon".

Sriracha Sauce a STAPLE to my diet - well, second to Frank's.
Have to add I LOVE Sambal Olek as well ESPECIALLY in my Asian and Wok dishes.
And YES, I ALWAYS use chopsticks to eat those specialities.

Used to be that I took shot glasses of tabasco but now that I'm an old man on prilosec with an occasional pepcid ac back up, I just style it as much as possible on any given day. :)

Not to sound like Herschel Walker, (third person), but "THE BROTHER LOVES HOT" ! :)

Yea, ive always found that being priveldged to a bottle of home made hot sauce brought to the dinner table is like opening a bottle of fine wine. No comparison to anything store bought. I especially like the pulpy ones then.

lets see-I use franks on wings now adays-have several kind of tabasco-and several other with diff flavors-but I must say that all around day to day hot sauce I use is what most use around here (Tapati'o) 69 cents for 10 oz. and some of the best out there.

Frank's is a good hot sauce. But i like it a little hotter than Frank makes it so i go to other brands most of the time.

Zanzinger -
If you haven't tried Sambal Olek (round bottle green cap like the rooster post below - same company, different sauce )
Try it.
You'll LOVE it. Nice meaty sauce pretty hot but real flavorful.
Now I gotta go have a spoonful.

Cholula
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

I agree with Bob on Tapatio, great pepper flavor without all the heat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky