Poaching Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bobrap

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 9, 2012
Estill Springs, TN
I'm getting ready to try my hand at summer sausage. Those that poach, do you vac seal the chubs first or just put them in the bath? Using fibrous casings. Thanks.

I’ve done it both ways with/without vac bags. My personal preference is to use vac bags. The one time I did it without vacuum sealing the chubs I did get some water between the casing and meat. It could have just been the way I sealed the chub because I do know some people that just dump them in the water and have no issue. As far as taste goes I really didn’t see much of a difference between them. I’m sure more knowledgeable people then me will help you. Cheers!

Reactions: kruizer
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky