PM's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

How often do you check your pm's

• When I get an email?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Every time I log in?

• Every once in a while?

• Only if I think of it?

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mrgrumpy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 18, 2006
NC
Do you really check to see if you have a pm while logged in? I don't seem to be getting email confirmations abt pm's, or replies to threads, so I am curious as to how often you check your pm's.

Bill

Bill
Go into your profile....and change the default settings...then you wil get the notices ....go to quick links...click edit options....that page will have the items ya need to change...
Later

Interesting.....

Here is all I get when I try to access my profile...

mrgrumpy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
And yes, I am logged in..... I even logged out, and back in. I was in there yesterday, but today, well.....

Bill

I stay logged in all the time and just come and go. Easier than remembering another password (old timer disease
rolleyes.gif
). I look at the top of the main page when I come in and it tells me if I have new PM's and how many total I have stored.

I set my options when the board changed and it is giving e-mail notices on posts that I am active on but I set not to e-mail notify for PM's.

Haven't had any trouble accessing profile, maybe a PM to TulsaJeff is in order so he knows you are having a problem.

Everytime! I'm sure I miss here and there, but that is what I shoot for. If you can access your profile the new board can notify you as soon as you log on that you have one. It can also give instant notification with a pop-up if you happen to be logged on.

PM TulsaJeff, I think at first none of us could access our profiles. I sent him a PM and he tweaked something and I have been good ever since.

There, I was able to access it and now have it up to date so that I will receive emails, pop-ups, etc... that should cover all of the bases.

Thanks,
Bill

That's what I do, Rodger. I suffer from that alltimers-I'm forgetting all the time too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky