Placement of a smoker...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ciege

Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Scottsdale, AZ.
OK, so I am in the process of getting a new offset smoker from Barbeques Galore (after getting some valuable input from the nice folks here).

My next question is about where do I put this thing?

I have a nice spot on a bare wall next to my house that would be ideal since I already have electric there and I can get lighting in no problem. Question here is, will this smoker/grill get too hot to be placed next to a stucco wall? If I do put it here I intent on extending the chimney to wrap it around the eave of the house to make sure smoke doesn't get into the soffit vents of the attic.

If placement next to the house isn't recommended I have plenty of other places in my back yard wonderland that I can put it. Downside is not having any electric there to hook up lighting (although that can be remedied with a little work).

Thanks for the input!

Hmm real stucco...or the styrofoam backed "Drivit" stuff? Real...I'd not see a problem.

The chimney extension may have some unforseen issues however. The longer the chimney, the more resistance to airflow you will get...could get to the point of "choking" the airflow. By coming out of your existing chimney to an adaptor perhaps TWICE your current chimney dimention, you might be allright.

Shouldn't be a problem near the wall if as Richtee says its real stucco. The stack shouldn't present to much of a problem either the smoke should dissipate before it gets into the attic if your putting out TBS

either way the smoke will get in your eaves. I had my grill against my house and jsut the smoke of that caused my speakers and wall to turn black.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky