Pizza Fattie with Dough Question

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by lowcountrygamecock, Feb 17, 2009.

1. lowcountrygamecock

lowcountrygamecock Smoke Blower

I want to do a pizza fattie and roll it in pizza dough. My dough normally takes about 25 minutes to cook in the oven. Do i need to cook the fattie to a certain temp first then wrap it in the dough? If I put it all in together the dough will definitely finish before the fattie. Any thoughts?

2. budking

budking Newbie

Yes, I've done this with all the fatty's I've made. Cook the fatty all the way first. I then usually take it out and let it sit for about 10 or 15 minutes before putting it on the dough. (the dough didn't take a real liking to it when it was blazing hot, the first time I tried it) Wrap it up and then I stick it back in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Depending on what I put in it, I either slice it and give it a coat of marinara, or bbq sauce. Hope this helps!

3. smokey2569

smokey2569 Smoke Blower

I did mine the same way as Budking, and it came out tip top. Cooked it for a few hours in the smoker, rested it, and then threw in the oven with dough. It was magical.

4. alx

alx Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Great thread.I dont like the storebought dow and usualy have a little extra doe(spelling) left over.